Saturday, September 3, 2011

Plant and Grow Corn


In case you didn't put the date and the picture together, i planted my corn a little late. For some reason, i didn't believe it would work and that my soil was junk but then Charlton told me i had good soil and the neighbour started growing corn. I was so behind.

I knew that it most likely wasn't going to grow to giant size but just to see it start was good enough for me. And its great!

I remember being a kid at my grandparents house and playing in the corn next to the house. I even got into a fight with a squirrel one time who was trying to steal with an ear. And then going to Maine and playing hide and go seek in a giant corn field. I am a city guy through and through but something about gardens and corn fields make me wanna be a farmer.

small aside: my family in Trinidad are farmers and have a slight fascination with documenting ever little movement of every piece of cabbage. I have sat through a good amount of video showing me each plant. If I start doing that, STOP ME! We love you Grampa Tony!

No comments:

Post a Comment