Friday, September 2, 2011

Go to a Hot Yoga Class

I think this may have cured me of my interest in yoga. Not only was I hot, i was sweaty, in pain and trying not to throw up on the nice hardwood floor and the human pretzel beside me. While the teacher was getting us to focus on our breathing, i was trying not to pass out and DIE.

OKAY...die might be a little much but hot yoga was WAY HARDER than i thought it would be. And they try and fool you with the nice serene decor and relaxing music of oceans only to go into what i can imagine HELL TO BE LIKE. I actually thought that at one point...hell could very well be an everlasting hot yoga class, where someone yells at you to contort your body into difficult positions. But that was just a thought in my OVER HEATED STUPOR!

The class begun and i started having problems with the first exercise...breathing! Apparently i can't breathe in for ten seconds. By two seconds my lungs were full and i felt like i'm was going to explode. We tried it twenty times. By the end one i was able to make it to 6 seconds...but i cheated.

By the time i was standing on one leg, arm raised in the front and my hand holding my foot in the back in the air...i thought, "goodness, i'm going to die!" Two more poses after that and i was lying on the floor for ten minutes just keeping myself from throwing up. YAY YOGA!

I have 9 more visit before the end of the month but i don't think i can do it again. I don't want to give up but it really ruined my day (spent the whole day with a splitting headache, not to mention my shoulder) so, we'll see. They say you feel better after the 5th time. Grief...maybe i'll feel better about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment