Friday, April 1, 2011

Song List for the years of your life!

Age 1 -Celebration - Kool and the Gang


Age 2 Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot -Sparrow -Always a party started, yay soca music!


Age 3 Sweet Dreams-Eurythmics - the other two songs i just pulled out from the years, i ACTUALLY remember hearing this song and being afraid. Funny, i grew up to like this song but back then i was totally creeped out by it!


Age 4 Thriller-Michael Jackson-Jerk Parents! They used to play this song on full blast to see me run around the house crying. Freakin' Vincent Price and his creepy voice. His laugh at the end STILL gives me the heebie Jeebies!


Age 5 wake me up before you go go - George Micheal -YAY NEON CLOTHES AND BLACKLIGHTS!


Age 6 Control -Janet Jackson - this changed my life. I remember seeing her preform this song on the American Music Awards show that year and i told myself i wanted to sing and dance for the rest of my life.


Age 7 Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson Holy Smokes, Kisha and I watched the Michael Jackson Moonwalker movie sooo many times its forever in my brain! This part/video was the coolest, the crazy lean, the white suits! Kisha and I wanted to be one of the crazy japanese fans sooo badly who screamed and then fainted. Micheal, you didn't give us enough time!!!


Age 8 She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals My mother was crazy and i have the image of her jumping around singing this song, her hair a mess and for some reason, in the morning.


Age 9 Escapade -Janet Jackson Oh Rhythm Nation...you changed my life! I cried when i couldn't go to the tour! Mrs Meldrums music class was too cool cause i got the whole class to sing it for a year!


Age 10 Think of me - Phantom of the Opera Seeing this play changed my life and I remember being overwhelmed by how awesome music and theater could be.


Age 11 Gypsy Women - Crystal Waters And so my love for techno/electronic music begins! The nights of MusicPlus!


Age 12 End of the Road - Boyz to Men Such Talent. Always wanted to be a part, never learnt how to harmonize! Darn that Jason Penelosa!


Age 13 You Go to My Head -Louis Armstrong and Oscar Peterson From the film Corrina Corrina. Jazz music become real to me and i still say this is my favorite songs.


Age 14 Faithful Friend - Twila Paris and Steven Curtis Chapman The year Ren moved away. We prayed in Atlanta when they were flying to seattle and i bawled my eyes out. they played this song.


Age 15 Sunday Morning - No Doubt I remember someone handing me this CD in math class and i thought it was so cool! My first real rock stage. Hung out alot with Brendan Schultz and he like this and the red hot chili peppers. weird!


Age 16 Hold Me Jesus - Rebecca St. James I started doing this movement stuff to this song. "i'd rather fight you for something i don't really want, then take what you give that i need". This song was too deep for high school!


Age 17 I'll Be - Edwin Mccain - Driving in Seattle with Ang and Ren singing this song...perfect. Sort of what i think heaven will be like.


Age 18 Frail - Jars of Clay - I think this began my playing music when going to bed. Poor Darnell had to listen to this song for years! But really, its great and it can still put me to sleep.


Age 19 Green Eyes - Erykah Badu I sometimes still cry when i hear this song. Its hard to explain to people but the feeling of rejection and wanting someone so badly and throwing myself at them to realize they can't really fix me, heal me, or love me the way i need to be loved. Green Eyes brings me right back to that, Everytime!


Age 20 I can Only Imagine - Mercy Me There is another song by them that fits but this is for the time i went to florida to see Ren and I re-fell in love!


Age 21 Trading My Sorrows - Darrel Evens I would wake up in the morning in Belize and worship on top of this play structure and have the most awesome God Times. I also didn't realize that i was also waking everyone up with my loud singing!


Age 22 Jenny on the Block - J.Lo SHANNA!!! I remember thinking of shanna and I being right there with J.Lo on the block and J.Lo is in her bikini and fur coat and i realize (and say) Oh Dang Shanna, we're prostitutes! Good times!


Age 23 Show me your Face - Fred Hammond After having a personal stance AGAINST gospel music, fred Hammond turned me around. He has so much passion for God in his songs, even if they are long and sometimes over the top.


Age 24 At Last -Etta James I'M FINALLY MARRIED TO RENATA!


Age 25 Oh Holy Night - Mariah Carey For two reasons, going to New York with Ren and singing this and singing this with MO MO at tyndale! We would sing this on the top of our lungs!


Age 26 Best fo Last - Adele I LOVE ADELE! I sang (sing) this song to AJ and would rock him to sleep i would say almost every night for his first year of life!


Age 27 Desert Song- Hillsong United The move to seattle was ROUGH but i will bring praise! No weapon formed against me shall prevail! Amen!


Age 28 Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas hehehe, i'm embarrassed but AJ and I would rock out to this in the car. Also got free front row tickets for my Y kids...very silly, very fun.


Age 29 Horchata - Vampire Weekend I think this is a good reflection of where i am right now. Very young adult, and still global sounding but pop. This makes me feel good. Guy, much harder to do than you think! But check some of them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment